Tips and advice on what clothes to wear for pear shape womenLet’s start with understanding the main styling proportion that needs attention for pear shaped ladies - shoulders are narrower than hips. For you it’s all about accentuating your assets namely a defined waist and slim upper torso, and creating flattering volume at the shoulders. These tricks will balance out your hip-to-shoulder ratio in a fashion flash. And here’s a very quick garment check list:
1. Tops with high necklines such as a pussybow blouse are not only ultra stylish but draw the eye up and away from the hips.
2. Go for a bold shoulder like this season’s catwalk must-have a military coat with flattering epaulettes.
3. Tailoring shows off your torso, invest in a versatile go with everything single-breasted blazer.
4. An easy-to-wear waterfall cardi places your defined upper torso in the limelight
5. Belts are the perfect waist-cincher
6. When it comes to skirts and trousers avoid the cling factor. This magnifies the hips. An A-line skirt has lovely soft volume skimming over the hips.
7. For jeans think a stylish straight leg or classic bootcut with waist-sculpting mid-rise.
8. For that perfect party piece, slip on a fit-and-flare dress. This performs a magic proportion-balancing act, showing off your assets and disguising your hips.
These are just the tip of our style advice iceberg for your body shape. For more “what to wear” solutions, finding your true bodyshape (no fruits in sight!) and to get your free style guide go to Dressipi.